Aquarium Chiller Help

axieboi

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey everyone! I know there’s already lots of threads about this topic, but I can’t seem to find a definitive answer. My tank seems to be a bit too warm since I moved into a new apartment and I just need some advice selecting an appropriate chiller that’s going to get the job done. I have 2, one year old Axolotls in a 20g long and I plan to upgrade to a 40g breeder tank at some point. The water is around 72F at its warmest and usually hovers around 68-70F. I’ve found tons of chillers on amazon and other sites, but the ratings aren’t great and I don’t want to spend a lot of money on a product that isn’t going to perform well. So if anyone has been using a chiller and has one they could recommend, that would be much appreciated!!

I'm not sure if it's available where you are but the brand I have is Hailea. It works well for my 35ish gallon. It is noisy when cooling however so I turn it off at night (the tank is in my bedroom). It also heats up the room when I have the door closed, but I think that may be a normal thing for chillers. If the door is open it is fine, and I usually will run a fan in the room to disperse the warm air coming out of it.

Realized I never replied, thanks so much for the input! I appreciate your help.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back