Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Bloodworms

tomkeogh

Reaction score
Hello, I have two 4-5inch Axolotls and am about to feed them live bloodworms for the first time tonight.

Could anyone suggest how many to feed,a teaspoon egg cup etc?

Also how long should I leave them in the tank?

Shizeric

2010 Research Grant Donor
Reaction score
Feed them small bits at a time, like a pinch in between your fingers. Leave them in there as long as the axies will keep eating. The cubes they sell usually come in cubes about a gram each. You can try that amount at first. Search for bloodworm cubes and you'll see an approximate size.

callina

Reaction score
when I feed my axies live bloodworms I leave them in the tank as long as they are alive. So the axies can hunt them whenever they want. I only remove the dead ones.

Tina

tomkeogh

Reaction score
Thank you, I have fed my white likes them but my grumpy albino has not noticed!!!

it looks like I put too many in but bubbles has been hunting them for a few minutes

Thank you for the advice I will try to post pictures for you soon but not my ugly home made mesh hood, but you can not argue with a 2 degree reduction!! hope they appreciate

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!