Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

E.andersoni

zerono10

Reaction score
They are better than fist time

Attachments

• 20120615420_副本.jpg
    20120615420_副本.jpg
    316.2 KB · Views: 648
  • 20120615422_副本.jpg
    20120615422_副本.jpg
    226.9 KB · Views: 542
  • 20120615423_副本.jpg
    20120615423_副本.jpg
    249.1 KB · Views: 532
  • 20120615424_副本.jpg
    20120615424_副本.jpg
    220 KB · Views: 550
  • 20120615425_副本.jpg
    20120615425_副本.jpg
    223.8 KB · Views: 586

TylototritonGuy

Reaction score
They are better than fist time

Getting better but not by much, Please can you put a Water Bowl (They might not use it but its good to have the offer) in there and more enrichment such as Bog Wood, Live Moss (Not Sphagnum Moss), Cork Bark to hide under etc. Offer them a lot of places to hide so they can have a a choice, these guys are gonna live for a good 15 years so give them something worth living for....

Personally, I think you would be much better off using a Glass Exo Terra Tank or Fish Tank which is the same size as that so you can look at them more

mr cyclone

Reaction score
Well done I'm happy they are still alive, I think you should trade them with me for some nice easy to keep Verrucoses.I do agree with Josh give them a water bowl ,

zerono10

Reaction score
回复: E.andersoni

This was before. I give them water now.

Last edited by a moderator:

browbli

Reaction score
They are looking much better. If a couple are looking more skinny than others don't get too worried. Males are typically far thinner than females. And I have to disagree with the glass tank idea. I whole am quite certain part of peoples problems with this species is over stimulation. They are a secretive species. Don't force them to be display animals. However, once they are completely healthy they are very tolerant to handeling.

TylototritonGuy

Reaction score
They are looking much better. If a couple are looking more skinny than others don't get too worried. Males are typically far thinner than females. And I have to disagree with the glass tank idea. I whole am quite certain part of peoples problems with this species is over stimulation. They are a secretive species. Don't force them to be display animals. However, once they are completely healthy they are very tolerant to handeling.

A Glass tank does not cause problems at all with the correct set up for the species (as its all species dependant after all), If it was set up how they are now I can understand why you say it wouldn't be a good idea....
You can quite happily keep a Species in a Glass tank without stressing them out to over exposure. Yes they are a secretive species however you solve that problem by actually giving them a lot of hiding spots/places to go to if stressed etc which they dont even have now. A single, Tiny Cave is not what I class as good enrichment in all honesty.. Plus, if they are being kept in that Storage box, then I would assume they are somewhere, where there wouldnt be people staring at them all the time.
You would be stressing them out more by unclipping the lid to that Storage box there, a glass tank would also eliminate the need to enter the tank from above aswell. Yeah you would have to enter the tank from a above with a normal fish tank, but if it was an Exo Terra Terrarium or similar product then you wouldn't have to go into the top...
So infact the only good thing about a storage box is the fact, its cheaper. Nothing More...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1