Greetings from Virginia

albear28

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Corey
Hello everyone! My name is Corey and I've been a fan and lover of amphibians since I was a kid. I'm from Louisiana where there is water and the home of several different amphibians to admire and grow to love. I've been in the Navy for 19 years and traveled all over the world seeing various natural habitats of natural. I've had various aquariums/viquariums/paludariums throughout the years with great enjoyment. My favorites are firebelly toads(Bombina orientalis) and Rough-skinned newts (Taricha granulosa). I currently have a community tank with fire-bellied toads, Chinese warty newts, a tree tree frog, with a couple of snails and fish for movement. I've been a fan of this site for some time now and love the information and well as the community of people who love amphibians as much as I do.

Hey and welcome,
You better brace for the reception:uhoh: species mixing tend to get here, especially species that might hurt each other or spread diseases;)

I like Taricha too, there used to be this user around called apples who didnt do anything but speak of the loveliness of Taricha:D Ever since then I have always wanted some, but few ppl breed them in Europe. So where have you been with the Navy, sounds rather exciting to travel the world on a martial ship:happy:

I know there's a lot of people who apose species mixing but I've had various tanks from 10 gallons to 55 gallons with variouss species that I could get my hands on. I do my reseach and I'm cautious of the size and species I mix. It all seems to work for me. As far as my Naval travels.....I've been to France, Ireland, Spain, Greece, Italy, Hungary, U.A.E., West Africia, the Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, and Canada to name the places I can remember from my head.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back