Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Axolotl enrichment

raptorfarian

Reaction score
I have been thinking of adding new decorations to my axolotl tank, and my axolotl all ready loves sitting on top of his little slate hut. Do any of you know of other Items that axolotls love to interact with.

Bellabelloo

Julia
Staff member
Reaction score
One of my axolotl love sitting in the aerator. I don't have it on very often, but when I do I will always find Jeffrey lying on it. I also found recently that a couple of my tylo juveniles do the same.

jane1187

Reaction score
In my tank I had a golf ball. Just a standard golf ball. It has quite good buoyancy so it kind of only half sinks and moves aorund easily. When he was younger Wilson did push it around a bit.

I also have a floating duckling sold for ponds that tends to float around in circles following the gentle circulation of my filter. He does watch that go around sometimes.

Just ideas. :D

tumptyteapot

Reaction score
great idea for a thread, thank you! Mine seem to like it if anything in their environment changes, if I just move a rock over a bit it's a huge event for them but the best fun ever was putting a clean empty jam jar in!

officerPuckles

Reaction score
I gave officer puckles a bowl in the middle of her tank, which she likes to sit inside of and peek out of. She also has a moss ball which a lot of axies seem to enjoy, and a squidward toy from mickey d's, which she attempted to attack when we first put it in but she now likes to sit on his head, arm, etc.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!