Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Very sad time and I just dunno what to do other than cry... :'(

paddybums

Reaction score
Hi thank you for comment, I feel you are right. So I am privet mailing xxianxx to get the bottom of it now. Hopefully I will work out what the problem was, all signs are toward the shop right now. Will post what I find out.

Again thank you everyone for your help and support, it means alot! X

paddybums

Reaction score
Very pretty baby. Other than being on the kinda thin side in my opinion, she seems healthy to me.

I still think impaction is likely. Did you get the other two at the same time from the same store? I have a theory thats plausible though not a guarantee over what happened.

Thank you :)
Yes same time, same store but differnt tank and there tank was alot differnt. Now I know alot more about axis I know that they were In bad conditions. As I said just above im now discussing it with ian, to get it sorted. Thank you for all your help xxx

paddybums

Reaction score
Just to let those of you who wanted to know we have come to the conclusion that the underlining problems are belived to be down to were I got them. RIP my gorgeous babys and thanks for all your help x

tory990

Reaction score
So sorry for your loss. I know how hard losing beloved pets can be.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Petersgirl

Reaction score
I'm sorry for your loss. May your babies swim under the Rainbow Bridge. :(

I'm glad you know what was causing the issues with your babies and that you continue to research. If you ever have trouble sourcing food again, since you live in the UK, I will suggest Yorkshire Worms at Buying Lobworms, Worm Fishing for Salmon, Earthworms for Sale, Wormeries for Fishing, Worms Coarse. They've always been perfect for me, delivering the worms around two days after ordering, and they're pesticide free - the guy who owns it breeds his dendobaenas especially for prize fish and pet reptiles/amphibians, so I highly recommend them if you ever have trouble sourcing reliable food.

I hope Toothless keeps well. She's an unusual colour too - a kind of pale greeny grey. Most Wilds I see are actually very dark.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1