Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Can I keep my wartys, with red spots.

S

suzanne

I was'nt shore where to post this, but as I already have 2 wartys, here is more aproprate.

Would I be able to intraduce a couple of red spotted newt, in with them, there already 2 dawaf frogs in there tank, and they get on fine.

What you think

S

suzanne

thanks for the info, thought i better cheak before the mistack was made. I kept ADF's with RSN's before and they got on fine, acherly the RSN never went in the water, weather that was because of the frogs or not i don't know.

I can put the frogs in my 6G, but I was thinking of using it for something else, like a different type of frog, or newt.

I know for a fact my newts are destoying my fish stocks, but they where dieing anyway.

A

a

Are you sure they both got on fine? The fact that the RSN never went in the water shows somethings wrong, maybe it could have been scared of the fish, or were being kept at the wrong temperature(probably too warm)
I think you should put the RSN in the 6 gallon, which isnt big enough for it, but its probably better than the other aquarium, and dont get anything new until you have room for it.

AJfr0ggy

S

suzanne

I don't have a RSN now, Though i did have 4 in with 2 frogs about 6 months ago

J

jennifer

Suzanne, if you are keeping fish with the warties, what is the temperature in the tank? Most fish need warmer temps than what is healthy for newts.

I can believe that RSN and ADF can live together without direct harm, but the warties are larger and more aggressive.

H

hayden

<font color="119911">The warties full size is much larger...and as you know the RSN's would also be a lot harder to take care of.</font>

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!