Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Axi spits out pellets

P

paul

hey all, today i noticed my axolotl ate one of the little pellets i give her but she spat the second one out, i tried her again an she spat it out too, she did eat earlier in the day a half a frozen cube of bloodworm i just hope theres nothing wrong with her

R

rita

Hee hee!! Mine do that!!!
They're just spoilt rotten and won't eat anything that doesn't move. (so I fed the remaining axolotl pellets to my goldfish) lol

H

hayley-jane

S/he might just of had enough too?

My axie will swallow anything, but when she's had enough she always spits it back out again.
frog.gif

S

stipe

My axies absolutley hate pellents. they woudnt touch it with a ten foot pole, lol. so i cut any meat i get my hand on into worm shape and size strips, fish fillets, beef, chicken breast etc.

S

stipe

ive tried the fish pellets for the last day but they dont liek them.. so i gave them to my next door nieghbour to try out. hope he has some luck.

A

amanda

of all things, i feed mine turtle pellets. He seems to like them well enough, never spits them out. But maybe yours just doesnt like the hardness of them? i've heard they can be finiky like that
signs.gif

S

stipe

ye i had that in mind so when i have the time im going to order the soft ones from the indian univerity.
happy.gif

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!