Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

CA Academy of Sciences -- Save the Salamanders

manderkeeper

Reaction score
So essentially he wants to end the salamander hobby while not addressing any other ways it could spread. I knew the trade in most reptiles would eventually be regulated out of existence but I honestly never through salamanders would hit the lacey act. I certainly hope they don't succeed or our hobby in the US is done for.

AdvythAF

Reaction score
I don't think he is saying that the salamander hobby should be ended. The salamander hobby is important for conservation. I think he is just saying that hobbyists should be careful to not spread chytrid to native populations. (For example, testing their pets for chytrid, disinfecting their pets)

michael

2010 Research Grant Donor
Reaction score
I don't think he is saying that the salamander hobby should be ended. The salamander hobby is important for conservation. I think he is just saying that hobbyists should be careful to not spread chytrid to native populations. (For example, testing their pets for chytrid, disinfecting their pets)

He talks about not transporting salamanders across state lines. He is not talking about testing before crossing state lines. He is talking about not crossing lines. That sure sounds like shutting the salamander keeping hobby down.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!