Oxygen In Tub

Axolotlz

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello:) I have 3 juvenile axolotls (3-4in) in a tupperware tub and they're all doing great except that theyre going up for air constantly and often choose to rest on PVC pipes close to the surface. Is there anything that I could do to create more airflow or oxygen in the tub? I have a sponge filter for their 40 gallon tank when theyre ready for it but its too big for the tub. Thanks in advance!

Do you have any filtration in the tub or are you just doing water changes? The output from a filter will add oxygen. A fan over the top will also add oxygen (good if you also need to drop temp). You can try a small airstone as well. It's normal for them to go up for air, juvies may also go up more than adults, so it isn't really anything to worry about as long as there is something like what I mentioned :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back