Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Virginia Rock 'n Roll quake?

Molch

Reaction score
So I heard there was a bit of an earthquake in Virginia today. I understand it wasn't all that bad, still....thinking of certain caudata members with racks upon rickety racks piled high with tanks...oh my. :eek:

Any damage? All newts accounted for? :ufo:

tclipse

Reaction score
No damage, and I missed it because I was napping. Call me a heavy sleeper :D

Otterwoman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I felt it in NY at work, the building started shaking. First I thought, OK, that's enough caffeine and sugar for one day. Then I realized it wasn't me, and all I could do was imagine myself in the rubble with 1700 male inmates on the loose. Of course nothing much happened, but it was felt by many along the east coast. The picture in the newspaper today showed the epicenter, in Virginia, just over Justin's house. I think all his tanks exploded with eggs, causing the massive 5.8 quake.

Molch

Reaction score
we haven't heard from Justin......that might be a bad sign. Hope he's not mopping up spilled tanks and capturing liberated newts

Otterwoman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's proof:
and Justin's fine. There was no damage anywhere d/t the quake.

Attachments

• Epicentersm.JPG
    Epicentersm.JPG
    89.6 KB · Views: 136
  • NeverForget.jpg
    NeverForget.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 127

Molch

Reaction score
lol, funny.

I did have a 5.8 at my house one night last winter when a big moose mama rubbed her large kaboose on my porch....

Last edited:

Red Eft14

Reaction score
Yeahh I was at my couch on the second floor in NY and was on the computer and all of the sudden I feel my couch shakeing.At first I ignore it.Then it gets slightly more vibrant and I start thinking that theres some structual damage with my house(my house is around 100 years old and have had many problems before)So I ask my sister to sit next to me and see if shes feeling it too.She think's it's me since I'am a bit of a jokester and I had my feet on the table(yes bad maners lol) so I take them off and it's still shaking.Then I hear my next door nieghbors screaming ''Its an earthquake!''That's when I was aware of the situation.

Red Eft14

Reaction score
No, you aren't aware of the situation with all the rumbling and stuff.. but when the neighbour yells it, ooohhhh *clicks* Right. Earthquake.

lol :D.Well it was'nt like rumbling just the couch vibrated a little bit it was'nt much most people did'nt even notice.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1