Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Need help with axolotl! :C

Skudo09

Reaction score
Yes that should be fine to do. Keep some of the tank water next to your axolotl's tub so it should be about the same temperature.

elusive999

Reaction score
Hey guys just want to give you an update!
when i took him out of the fridge the same night he got out two more pebbles
and a day later he ate a little bit and now he has had 4 good pieces of the axolotl food and looks like he still gonna eat more :)
Hopefully i can get some meat on him again soon haha :)

thankkyou so much for your help guys couldn't have done it without you! appreciate it heaps!
i will let you know how he going when he back in his tank :)

Skudo09

Reaction score
Thank you for the update! It sounds like there has been some good improvement :) looking forward to hearing how he is going in the tank and hope he continues to progress in the right direction :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1