Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Help! Axolotl not eating, doing a "throwing up" motion

Tjebb

Reaction score
So I have had Dollar for about a year and a half now. He is usually in good condition, other than a few ammonia jumps that happened in the earlier years. He hasn't eaten in a about two days, and he keeps trying to "throw up." I keep moss balls in the tank, and I am worried he decided to eat one. Does anyone have any advice? The poor guy's tail is curled at the tip, and I don't want my baby stressed!
His tank was stable when I last checked, but I will check it again and post the results as soon as I can.

Tinamlat

Reaction score
The moss balls were small enough that he could swallow them? Is he showing any other signs of possible impaction/ constipation?

Tjebb

Reaction score
He ended up getting it out of his mouth. I don’t even know how he got it, cause the only moss balls I put in there were large. He probably tore it off. Thank you for your help!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!