What color/pattern are my Pacman Frogs?

Equus

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Emilys Axolots
Hi all! I have been on the forum for over a year but never ventured out of the Axolotl area to much. Who knew there was a whole frog forum? Lol.

I have always loved frogs, and recently, I traded a couple of my Axolotls for a pair of baby Pacmans. The person I got them from said one was a sunburst tangerine and one was a blue four spot. He was not the breeder of them, and looking around a bit online I am not so sure. Can anyone advise me on this? It seems there are a lot of similar colors to the albino.

Thanks.
Emily

Attachments

• pacm.jpg
    pacm.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 3,580
Possible that the green one was a blue morph. But they usually turn green over time especially when they get older, though that one looks very young. A lot of times the greenish blue ones are considered a blue morph even if its more green. Maybe because its' parents were blue morphs. I'd say it's likey to be a blue pacman frog that's not very blue.

The other is an albino. Not sure what (sunburst apricot) means but it could just be a variation of albino. Like axolotls, I think the pacmans have a few types of albino.

Yes it does look like a sunburst apricot (a variation of albino as mentioned above) Its just lighter than what would be considered a regular apricot from what I know (more yellow vs more orange)
Beautiful frogs by the way

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back