Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

My Pics. Finally. sorry so many

S

shane

Hey, here are my pictures of the little ones. finally! sorry there are so many.(sorry some arent good quality)

Him... it was all his fault
42412.jpg

Her too!
42413.jpg

42414.jpg

42415.jpg

Them forming. it is so amazing to see them forming like that.
42416.jpg

First day hatched.
42417.jpg

Wild type, 1 week old.
42418.jpg

Golden albino!(2 weeks ago). when they all hatched they were all dark, i didnt think i would have any different colours.
42419.jpg

42420.jpg

42421.jpg

42422.jpg

This was from yesterday when i was cleaning one of the containers. they all have arms but you cant see them in this pic.
42423.jpg

42424.jpg

aww.
42425.jpg

well thats all. its been fun, but i dont think ill raise anmore for a while. ill probably post more pics later. lol. cya
42426.jpg

C

claire

Those are some cool pics. its fun watching them develop as they get older.i remember when my wildtype juveniles were that small. ahh bless.
happy.gif
. good luck with them. Are you going to keep any? oh and are the eggs from the 2 wildtypes??? because i thought one of them had to be albino to have albino babies. but im not sure.

H

hayley-jane

so cute
happy.gif

Thanks for sharing, cause I won't ever have babies cause I only have a female.

It must be so rewarding to raise them and send them off to good homes
angel.gif

S

shane

hey. lol sorry there were so many. it is pretty fun watching them grow, they are starting to get back legs now which is really cool to see. yeah they are all from the two wild types. i think they just needed the genetic material of the albino to have them, from their parents of grandparent etc. lol that didnt explain it well. its good though because there is both golden albino and white albino. does anyone know how long it will be before they are considered a juvi?

C

claire

they are called juveniles once they have all legs fully grown and look just like the miniture version of an axie. hehe they are so cute.

A

apryl

wow Shane,awsome pics!!its great to have a record of their growth,especially if you keep any!and to show all of us pic hungry axi lovers!!lol
proud.gif

thanks and good luck

V

vanessa

They look cute! I like the little babies and that axolotl that was peeping out from between two plants.

A

alex

i really like the markings on the adults they look awesome. isnt it amazing how the slightest genetics can make two wildtypes make a albino!!. good luck with the babies there looking great!.
happy.gif

R

rebecca

amazing pictures!
id love to breed axies but it sounds like heaps of work and must be tough on parents,
(i only have one axy anyway but want an albino)
i might wait a year or two and see then.
your babies look great though and the last pic was adorable!

A

anne-marie

Glad to see they made it through the no-food stage
happy.gif
. Out of curiousity, how many crates do you have set up?

S

shane

hey. wow i havent looked at those pics for a while omg the are HUGE now. especially compared to the first pics. ill have to post more when im not feeling so lazy. lol.
ive had 3 containers from the start but ill definitely need to get more maybe another 2 or 3? ive began to notice alot of 'limbless' baby axoltols. lol. im not sure if i should get bigger containers? maybe it might be better for them this summer. not as hot.
thanks for everyone's replies

J

jordan

yes getting bigger crates would probably be of some good, you definitely need to post more pics of them now. How many do you still have? Are you going to sell any?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1