Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Tokyo Salamanders (Hynobius tokyoensis) Information

TylototritonGuy

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm just posting to see if there are any other H.tokyoensis keepers out there to share information with?

Anyway, would be great to talk to some keepers that currently or have kept this species before so comment away or give me a PM :)

Look forward to hearing from you,

TG

geron

Reaction score
Seeing this post made me look these guys up, so I don't keep or know much about them. The way they keep their eggs looks very cool though.

Off topic: I saw some pictures posted by "MantellaMan" on reptile forums, would that happen to be you?

pocoleo

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm just posting to see if there are any other H.tokyoensis keepers out there to share information with?

Anyway, would be great to talk to some keepers that currently or have kept this species before so comment away or give me a PM :)

Look forward to hearing from you,

TG
I have a pair (I hope) of Hynobius tokyoensis that I hope are nearly old enough to breed. I have had them 4 or 5 years and they have grown quite a bit since I got them although they are still quite small. I need information on conditions needed to encourage breeding.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!