The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

General Discussion For general enclosure/vivarium-related discussions.

Old 14th April 2016   #1
Joe P.
(joemomma1016)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: joemomma1016 has shown reliable knowledge
Question Triturus marmoratus semi aquatic set up

What it is, I have a question for you knowledgeable caudate keepers. I have 3 triturus marmoratus. They range in size from 4 inches to 5 inches in length and are kept in a terrestrial setup. I've been perusing the threads and was thinking it's time to do a semi aquatic setup. Thinking like 70/30, land/water ratio. Of course the water will be an inch or two deep with cork bark floating and some plants, but any advice on how to keep water clean?
- I don't really want to have a current in the water but I don't want filthy water either.
-Was thinking of using hydroballs and have it sloping to one end. I have a small 97GPH Elemental water pump I got from Josh's Frogs. Was thinking of using this perhaps for water flow and to keep it clean? Thoughts? Thanks!

joemomma1016 is offline   Reply With Quote