Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Photo: Is she harlequin? Exotic axolotl puzzle

puzzle

Reaction score
I have wanted to share Puzzle with this community for a long time, and i am pleased to introduce you all to her now. She was born a batch of eggs that i bred last season between a male golden albino and a female leucistic. I have plans to breed her back to dad next month to see if she is fertile, as well as if the coloration is possibly genetic.

So what do you guys think is going on with her?
Is she be considered a Harlequin? Is she a type of chimera?

There are also several other strange little things about her that i will post about later on.

This is my first time sharing anything about her online, so i am looking forward to hearing your thoughts and ideas and any questions you may have. I would also like to share some better photos of her later on, as well as perhaps some images of her from the time she was born up till now.

Thank you!
=^_^=

Attachments

• puzzzzle.jpg
    puzzzzle.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 1,035
  • P1140722.jpg
    P1140722.jpg
    184.8 KB · Views: 1,707
  • P1140714.jpg
    P1140714.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 1,194

Donna001

Reaction score
Beautiful. I'm looking forward to hearing more about Puzzle and seeing lots of pictures.

I don't know enough about axolotl genetics to comment, but there are people on the forum with lots of experience.

MamaPluto

Reaction score
She looks like she might be piebald? But I absolutely wouldn't inbreed them. It might be common to do so, but that's really not good.

puzzle

Reaction score
I agree with your statement and i am not a fan of back breeding or inbreeding in most cases. Especially if her pattern is not recessive anyway, it would not make sense to do so. Though i have spoken to a few people that do have animals that appear very much like her, and the trait did end up being passed onto the offspring when back bred to the parent. Thanks for the comment!

gocrow77

Reaction score
Wow, it's positively ridiculous how beautiful she is!! Congrats whatever color or morph she turns out to be. I am heading over to your other thread!

Janabors

Reaction score
She looks Mosaic to me, I know someone who has an identical looking Axie.

Hellcat73

Reaction score
How soon did you know she was different as a tadpole??? was it a week or when? Id hate to breed another batch and accidently cull a potential beauty like this!!!
SO JELOUS!!!!!!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!