Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Kimchee, my little pudge

mdtaylor

Reaction score
This is Kimchee. When I pulled him out of a bad pet store, he was a little under 5cm, and rail-thin. Six weeks later and he's about 11cm, growing fast, and *always* wants treats. I've read you can't overfeed them and that they'll stop once they're full but he just keeps trying to pack it in. He loves brine shrimp, bloodworms, and pellets, in that order. He's picky about eating things off the ground, but will always try to catch anything that's moving. I've only seen him ignore a falling pellet once, and I think that's because he was asleep. When I stop dropping food he always floats around near the surface to try and get my attention again, but he sinks right back down as soon as I back up from the tank. Other hobbies include standing on his back feet, rolling around his little moss ball, and sleeping on his big one. I love my little pudge.

(All of these photos are a week old or more, but he's just scaled up in the meantime. The one where he's having an after-dinner float is a little exaggerated by the perspective, but I like my little blimp anyway.)

Attachments

• 2018-05-26 16.08.10.jpg
    2018-05-26 16.08.10.jpg
    455.2 KB · Views: 366
  • 2018-05-31 10.26.16.jpg
    2018-05-31 10.26.16.jpg
    479.1 KB · Views: 318
  • 2018-05-20 18.56.55.jpg
    2018-05-20 18.56.55.jpg
    290 KB · Views: 323

Hayleyy

Reaction score
Oh so cute!! My boy Bucky is crazy about food too. Will happily eat and eat and eat. When I walk in the room he swims up to the glass "food?? food?? food??" :rolleyes:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!