Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

update on leucistic ribbed newt project

Lasher

Reaction score
Nice.

Those are some interesting animals you have there(I cant decide if there cool or just a bit... freaky).
You female looks rather... how to put this tactfully? Porky!

The first photo really reminds me off an ex, she had that exact same expression when I was about to get told off for something!

Jake

Reaction score
Those ribbed newts are drop dead gorgeous Jay! Congrats on gettting them to mate! Have they laid any eggs since you saw amplexus?

Please keep us posted.

DosJax 12XU

Reaction score
Skillet told me about these, he described them as "leucistic, fully aquatic salamnders". He didn't know exactly what they were but the first thing I thought of was just an axolotl. But then he says "no they don't have any gills and they get big!".

It wasn't until later that he told me that they are spanish ribbed newts, then I was really impressed. They look awsome. It's nice to finally see what they look like.

Fer

Reaction score
excellent photos!!! they are really beautiful.I've some photos of my Pleurodeles waltl larvaes another day because i have lost them :crazy:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1