Plants in the terrarium Question ?

G

gilor

Hello every one.
simple question regarding living plants (moss),
as we all know the salamander don't tolerate high temperature .
to allow plants to grow you have to supply adequate light for long hours,by doing so your raising the habitat temperature.
how do you cope with regulating the temperature .
Thank You.
Gilor.

Hi Gilor and welcome to the forum. I have java moss, as well as a few other plants, growing in my aquatic tanks and fluorescent lighting has worked well for me. They produce very little heat even when left on for 12 hours a day. I purchase them from the petstore chains here, and I like to buy the kind that state they are for planted tanks. But I think I probably over pay for those, and you could get the same quality bulb for less at a home improvement store. Good luck,
Heather

i couldn't see aquarium lighting raising the temps up a few degrees. the small flourescents barely give off any heats

Thank you very much for the info,
As for know i have 1 Fire Salamander (indigenous to Israel) & im planing to build a suitable terrarium for 3-4.

Another question : did any of you are\was involved in returning to nature,is possible at all with salamander.
The reason i ask is because in the last war with Lebanon the heavy bombarding all most destroy completely the salamander habitat in Mount Miron area.
Thanks in advance.
Gilor.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back