wes_von_papineäu

Our Roving Correspondent
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Display Name
Wes von Papineäu
THE VISITOR (Morecamb, UK) 29 September 08 Frog found in empty beer can
Photo at URL below: Frog’s Legless: Sylvia Williamson with the frog she saved from a beer can.
Visitor reader Sylvia Williamson was 'caught on the hop' when she discovered a frog trapped in a beer can in her garden.
The frog was lucky not to have 'croaked it' inside the can but Sylvia soon cut it free.
She explained: "I picked up the empty beer can and it felt quite heavy so I peeped inside to find a pair of eyes peeping back.
"At first I though it was a snake but then I realised it was a frog which had squeezed through the small opening but was now trapped and couldn't get out.
"I had to use a tin opener to release the frog and I found he was quite a big frog (perhaps he had been on the beer) but I realise he would have died without help.
"He has recovered well and I've called him Fred. He is happily swimming in my pond.
"Now, whenever I see a beer can I check first to see if anything is trapped inside before putting it in the bin."
Fred has certainly 'spawned a good tale!'
http://www.thevisitor.co.uk/morecambe-news/Frog-found-in-empty-beer.4440495.jp

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back