Question: Where should I order Axolotls?

WalkingFish

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi. I'm looking for someone or information on someone who is a good reliable breeder of axolotls. I'm looking for a copper as well as a melanoid. I would like one female and the other to be male in hopes that they will reproduce. Other than those requirements I just want them to be healthy and shipped safely from a known breeder. If anyone has suggestions they are welcomed. Thanks

Hey I have axolotls for sale I'm a first time breeder I will ship my Axies I have wild and goldens also a few Lucy's

Yeah, I would say other breeders here on Caudata.org

There's a for sale section. Lots of great people on this site :)

I suggest you check the "testimonials" section here. I have dealt with three sellers on here, none of them were bad experiences but there is a certain speed and convenience dealing with someone in the trade for decades vs. newcomers. Testimonials will give you a sense of who the pros are, and which newcomers have been particularly easy to deal with. Luckily it's such a community focus here the risks are much lower than other online classifieds.

Definitely order from Margie! Shes so amazing, and will take great care of you!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back