Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

New Caudata.org Logo

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
So, what's the verdict? Hot or not?

Daniel

Site Contributor
Reaction score
That's nice! :wacko:
What are the species depicted? (Let me guess: Tylototriton verrucosus, Ambystoma mavortium larvae, Ambystoma texanum and Plethodon glutinosus? I am not good at ID'ing)

Abrahm

Reaction score
Nice! I like the new logo quite a bit. It feels a little busy, but I'm no graphic designer.

I hope people don't take it as a subliminal message to mix species!

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
What are the species depicted? (Let me guess: Tylototriton verrucosus, Ambystoma mavortium larvae, Ambystoma texanum and Plethodon glutinosus? I am not good at ID'ing)
Ambystoma mavortium mavortium, Tylototriton verrucosus, Ambystoma texanum are correct. The Plethodon is a hard one to answer. It was found in McCurtain County, Oklahoma. Which means it could be Plethodon albagula or possibly Plethodon sequoyah. If you can tell the difference you win a gold star because I can't.

Re: The logo being busy, I can see what you mean. Anyone else think the same? I take criticism well :p I promise.

blueberlin

2010 Research Grant Donor
Reaction score
Re: The logo being busy, I can see what you mean. Anyone else think the same? I take criticism well :p I promise.

Well do you mean the Caudata.org logo with the orange C or the colorful pictures behind it? The logo no, the pictures maybe a little tiny bit I'd rather see my newt "famous" and in the picture when coming to the site for the first time than not. I only see the picture briefly before scrolling down to actual text anyway. For what that is worth.

Jennewt

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's lovely. My only critique is that the sizes of the sals are out of proportion. The largest sal (axolotl) is the smallest image, and the smallest sal (Plethodon) is the largest image.

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
The largest sal (axolotl) is the smallest image
It's a tiger salamander larva, tsk tsk Jen :p.

and the smallest sal (Plethodon) is the largest image.
Actually the Plethodon was close to or the same size as the texanum.

I'll have a think. There's one thing I want to change any how.

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
Actually now that I think about it, I think the slimy was bigger than the texanum.

Last edited:
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!