Home made Brine shrimp hatchery

caudatadude28

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
AJ
I think this is the right area to post this. There isnt an equipment area that I know of so this seems like the right place. Anyways, I have been meaning to post pictures of my home made brine shrimp hatchery for a long time here. I didnt actually make it, a family member made it as a present for my me. It works great! Here are two pictures of it.

The hatchery:
picture.php

The inside of one of the cut off two liter bottles. It is an airline tube going up with silicone up to the rim of the tube so brine shrimp eggs cant rest on the bottom.
picture.php

Very nice work. I don't understand why eggs can't rest on the bottom? I hadn't ever cultured Artemia, this is why i'm asking.

The eggs need to be constantly moving in order to hatch. So, if they sit still on the bottom they won't hatch.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back