Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Question: Axolotl Mixup

Lexcece

Reaction score
Hi there!! :p I recently had a mixup with a breeder that I had purchased from and I ended up receiving a different baby than what I had originally picked out and agreed upon with the seller. I'm not too sure what it is about this baby but, it looks VERY different from other axolotls that I have and/or have seen before! I was just coming here for confirmation that this is indeed an axolotl and not a water dog or something! It's face is almost like it is squished in, and it has a very short, round-like tail! Either way, it's very unique and I love it anyway. Just wasn't sure if I was going crazy or if it really does look different!!

P.S. This baby was sent to me with the small gills that it has currently :( (I only got it about a week ago)

https://imgur.com/wMWz2tL

^^ Pic of my lucy baby for comparison, they are the same size. About 2-3 inches.

Thanks so much!

Attachments

• IMG_3006.jpg
    IMG_3006.jpg
    295.1 KB · Views: 287
  • IMG_3028.jpg
    IMG_3028.jpg
    225.7 KB · Views: 269
  • IMG_3031.jpg
    IMG_3031.jpg
    284.5 KB · Views: 266
Last edited:
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!