Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Tylototriton Specific Website

Sean90

Reaction score
Hi everyone
Tylototriton specific website.
I am posting this thread to see if my idea receives any interest. This is aimed at Tylototriton keepers in the UK and Europe. However, it’s open to everyone really.
For an assignment I created a website for the Tylototriton genus and instead of wasting the website I thought it would be a good idea to make it a site with care sheets, photos of animals and set-ups.
Therefore I am requesting the help of any Tylototriton keepers that would like to get involved. This can be through photographs of animals, setups and if possible quotes of personal experiences.
All images will be copyrighted and referenced appropriately so that each person receives credit where it is due. It is an opportunity to show off your animals and share your experiences.
Also it may possible to create a breeders page for keepers with contact details if enough people wish to get involved. Do you think this would be a good idea?

Take a look at the website so far: TYLOs Tylototriton
I have also created a matching Facebook page for it: http://www.facebook.com/TylOsTylototriton
And for any specific enquiries about the website you can email: tylos90@hotmail.com

You can either email me or send me a private message on caudata if you want any more information.
Thanks and I would love to hear your opinions.
Sean

CJ1981

Reaction score
It sounds like a great idea to me. I don't have any present but they are on my wish list (just as soon as I win the lottery and can buy a bigger house ;)) and a 'one stop' website with care sheets etc would be really handy.

frogman

Reaction score
You are free to use any of my pictures and videos for your site. I have Tylototriton Yangi. Please email me if you would like any other pictures specifically or a video of some courtship that I have not shown to the public yet.

Perfectionwaterdragons@gmail.com

TylototritonGuy

Reaction score
If you can get the proper licensing going to cover the photos Sean, I wouldn't mind uploading my various photos of my Tylototriton and Echinotriton andersoni to your site.

Just wish them all to be covered appropriately. (Y)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1