Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Tylototriton cf. Kweichowensis update!!!

sde

Reaction score
Awesome! Great idea on weighing them and stuff. I would love to have this species, too bad i don't have room :/ Keep us updated, and keep the pics coming, i love seeing them! :D -Seth

frogman

Reaction score
As much as I would love to seth, I cannot take pictures. I am trying to disturb them as little as possible. The only times I have gone near their tank is to feed them and moisten the soil. Best of luck to you too Neil :D

Asianherps

Reaction score
Great looking specimens!
Those individuals actually are T. yangi, not T. kweichowensis. They are more terrestrial than T. kweichowensis, so I would suggest increase the land portion and offer more live plants and hiding spots. I have 5 T. yangi and I keep them in terrestrial setting with only a water bowl, which they seldomly use.
Here are a pict of my tank that took recently.

The tank was made one year ago, and mosses and plants were growing naturally since then. I moist the tank twice a day and feed the newts once every 3 days with crickets and worms.

Attachments

• 96f2ec16jw1ec1ovpma0dj218g0xc7go.jpg
    96f2ec16jw1ec1ovpma0dj218g0xc7go.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 393
  • DSC_5918.JPG
    DSC_5918.JPG
    167.4 KB · Views: 443
  • DSC_6176.JPG
    DSC_6176.JPG
    135.1 KB · Views: 339

sde

Reaction score
As much as I would love to seth, I cannot take pictures. I am trying to disturb them as little as possible. The only times I have gone near their tank is to feed them and moisten the soil. Best of luck to you too Neil :D

Ok, that is totally fine. Its really neat what your doing, keep us updated! :D

Nice setup Asianherps! But with all those plants, I don't know how you ever see your newts! :p
-Seth

Asianherps

Reaction score
That's true~lol They only come out from hiding spots at night. But that reflects most of their natural behaviors.

frogman

Reaction score
That's true~lol They only come out from hiding spots at night. But that reflects most of their natural behaviors.

When I made the thread they were still called tylototriton cf. kweichowensis. I began calling them yangi as soon as I heard them name :) I have created a new thread with the proper name now so it is more accurate.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1