How do you collect your woodlice?

Reaction score
Country
Spain
It always a bit dificult to get the woodslice from the culture.

They always hide fast digging in the soil and under the papers and barks, and I have to take them individualy with forceps.

Have you got any trick for this task?

Put the tops of those huge cooking mushrooms on top of the culture. They'll cling to the bottom of it so all you have to do is lift it up and scrape them off of it.

The mushroom cap method works well, as does the damp cardboard method.

Another one of my favorites is a damp toilet tissue core roll with a bit of newspaper crumpled into one end. This method is great because you can just get the tube out of the culture and hold it over your critter enclosure. Tap it a few times and it dispenses the woodlice!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back