Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Best Water Additive?

Riverlady1965

Reaction score
Of everything you have tried in your axolotl tank, which water additives have done the most good and which would you steer clear of?

Hayleyy

Reaction score
What kind of additives are you looking into? Just for water conditioning? I've started using seachem prime lately and it's working well so far! I've heard people use API stress coat as well but haven't used it myself. Blue planet is another brand I have used for the water conditioner and beneficial bacteria, and I haven't had issues, though I prefer prime as it detoxifies the ammonia in my water supply.

Elliriyanna

Reaction score
Of everything you have tried in your axolotl tank, which water additives have done the most good and which would you steer clear of?

I love Seachem Prime, its great for detoxifying heavy metals, binding ammonia and just generally conditioning your water

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!