Baby Axolotl: Double Eyes??

melrose1414

Reaction score
Country
United States
I was just wondering what everyone thought about this baby axolotl! If you look at the picture he seems to have black spots right above both his eyes; it almost makes it look like he has double eyes. I was wondering if anyone has seen this before or knew what it is? Please let me know!

Attachments

• Day 46- Baby Axolotl.jpg
    Day 46- Baby Axolotl.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 1,936
Name him Raccoon! No, that's too cliche. Name him Nerd. Cause nerds wear glasses, 4 eyes, he has 4 eyes, etc.

not planning on keeping him, he is one of 16 that I'm raising right now! I'm just interested in what it is! Who knows though, I could end up keeping him lol

It would be interesting to see how this one develops :) I'd personally keep hold of this one for a bit to see what happens.

oh yeah they aren't even close to being ready to sell, so I have plenty of time to see what happens with him!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back