Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

My axolotl loves his filter output??

veeveeiey

Reaction score
I'm extremely sorry if this is the wrong place to be posting this, but I figured it was so miscellaneous that it'd be good here? I dunno, I'm trying!!!! :D

So my axolotl LOVES sitting under the output of his filter any chance he gets, it's super strange. I know lotls are supposed to hate current, so every single time I catch him making his way towards the output, I watch him very closely for signs of stress- but NOTHING!! He just basks in the light current the output creates when releasing water, and when he's had his fill, he just roams away like nothing ever happened. He absolutely can't get enough of it, and I'm not sure if I should intervene or let him have his fix? He's been doing this ever since he was tiny, and he's been completely fine the little weirdo. Surely this isn't normal behavior?!

Attachments

• leche 3.jpg
    leche 3.jpg
    457.8 KB · Views: 211
  • leche 1.jpg
    leche 1.jpg
    361.5 KB · Views: 184

Hayleyy

Reaction score
Check the temperature of the water in that corner. It may be cooler! My axie loves to sit under the chiller output despite the current because the water is freshly cooled haha
If he likes it and is able to swim away from it when he wants then it's fine!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!