Hello! New member with Fire Belly Newts

Fishumms

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello all. I am actually not technically a new member, I just have not been on here in a few years. I have had some Fire Belly Newts, I believe they are the Japanese ones for about 5 years. They have been successfully breeding most of that time. Currently I have 5 adults, 3 are in a 38 gallon tank, there are 2 females and 1 male. The other 2 live in a 20 gallon long and are some babies that I kept. I also have about 14-20 babies that the 3 breeding ones had earlier this summer. I am hoping to eventually get another male and female to help with breeding since I separated the related offspring. If anyone has any advice on finding some here in the Austin Texas area it would be very appreciated. Thanks for taking a look and hope you are all having a good day!

Attachments

• IMG_8941.jpg
    IMG_8941.jpg
    574.7 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_8921.jpg
    IMG_8921.jpg
    498.3 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_8922.jpg
    IMG_8922.jpg
    558.6 KB · Views: 114
Welcome back!
It would be nice to see some pics of your adults :)

Here's a few of the adults

Attachments

• IMG_7877.jpg
    IMG_7877.jpg
    490.8 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_7873.jpg
    IMG_7873.jpg
    426.4 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_7779.jpg
    IMG_7779.jpg
    516.3 KB · Views: 127
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back