The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) A dedicated topic for those seeking help with Axolotls, showing off your photos, or just to talk about them.

Old 5 Days Ago   #1
basilstorm

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: basilstorm is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Responsible Axolotl Breeders?

I live in New York. I'm wondering if anyone knows any particularly trusted breeders, because googling led to some pretty sketchy sites (like one that said it was cruel to keep one Axolotl by itself, and insisted you buy multiple babies to live in the same tank; didn't mention cannibalism at all). The pet store near me has them, but I've heard some bad things about the conditions there. Would it be safer to have one shipped to me?

basilstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Days Ago   #2
Otterwoman
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 58
Comments: 71
Rep: Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11
Default Re: Responsible Axolotl Breeders?

Either shipping, or maybe they are sometimes available at the Westchester county Center reptile expo in White Plains. Don't know what city you are at.

Useful Links: Caudata Culture | Species Accounts | Care Articles | Newt and Salamander FAQs | Axolotl.org | Axolotl FAQs | Forum Functions | My Blog
Otterwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Day Ago   #3
basilstorm

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: basilstorm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Responsible Axolotl Breeders?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otterwoman View Post
Either shipping, or maybe they are sometimes available at the Westchester county Center reptile expo in White Plains. Don't know what city you are at.
Ah, thank you! The Westchester expo is coming up in February, so I'm going to get one there

basilstorm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axolotl babies for sale, breeders or retailers, buying axolotl