The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) A dedicated topic for those seeking help with Axolotls, showing off your photos, or just to talk about them.

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #1
Shelbaybay

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Shelbaybay is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool What tank would work for my axolotl?

Hello, so I have a juvenile axolotl and heís living in a 10 gallon at the moment. I was wondering when he gets big would putting him in an extra long 12 gallon or a 20 gallon only filled to 10 or 15 gallons work for him? Or would that be to small? Iím trying to find something comfortable for him other than my 10 gallon as Iím living in a small apartment and I cannot go to a full 20 gallon tank.

Shelbaybay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #2
Ellie
(WindWolf)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: WindWolf is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What tank would work for my axolotl?

Axolotls can get pretty big. My boy is 10 and a half inches long and was pretty cramped in the 15 gallon tank I used to keep him in. I'd definitely recommend you getting a 20 gallon for your axolotl.

WindWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axolotl, axolotlcare, axolotltank