Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

White spots? Algae?

secondriley

Reaction score
I was checking on my axolotl this morning cause her gills looked a little curved, didn’t see algae on her gills but there are white spots on her back I’m not sure what are I’ve never noticed them before. If anyone knows what it may be and if I should worry let me know thank you!

Hayleyy

Reaction score
If you can attach a photo it'll be easier for us to tell what's going on. It may be fungus, what temperature is the water? Can you test the water and post the results as well please.

michael

2010 Research Grant Donor
Reaction score
That sounds like normal coloration. Fungus usually starts at gills or at a wound. It would be easier to tell from a picture.

secondriley

Reaction score
Water is at a solid 69 did an 80% waterchange this morning since i try to change the water out on mondays. Everytime ive tried to take a picture of it she turns to look at me and its only on one side of her tail so it may have always been there and i never noticed. Just got worried cause of her gills being a little curved out. Theres a decent amount of sand on her from the water change and the siphoning not pulling all of it out but thats the picture i could get, thats the side the white spots arent on though sadly im gonna keep trying to get a picture of it if i dont see them today though ill let yall know :)

Attachments

• F7F30E06-1D99-46B5-86CD-648784AB635B.jpg
    F7F30E06-1D99-46B5-86CD-648784AB635B.jpg
    408.4 KB · Views: 162
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!