Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Constipated axie. Not looking great

L

lindsay

My little axie Hoss is constipated. He hasn't done a poo for at least 4 days - ever since i changed his food.

He was on bloodworms which is all he's ever eaten and i bought him some beef heart for a change because his bloodworms went off in a blackout.

He's in the fridge at the moment because i noticed he seems to poo more when he's in the fridge. He's been in there for 2 days and now he's starting to swim wonky... like he just wants to float on his side. I don't really want to take him out of the fridge coz it's supposed to be 39 degrees today and my tank temp is already up to 27!

I don't want to feed him again till he goes in case he gets more bunged up! He's 7 months old and still on daily feeds but i haven't fed him in 2 days because he was already looking a bit bloated.

Does anyone have any tips for getting an axie to poo?

Thanks

J

jojo

No idea Lindsay - sorry!

Id just say to leave him in the fridge. That way he wont starve while your waiting for him to poo.

??

(Message edited by jojo_is_here on February 21, 2006)

S

sharn

maybe his tummy is still digesting it all? other than that im not sure sorry other than to try wait it out in the fridge. i know epsom salts work for fish for constipation but not sure about axies, might be worth looking into?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1