axie got heat stress?

robdut

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i bought my axie about 1 mounth ago and my friend said he has heat stress is it actrully heat stress
P051008_1735.jpg
:confused:

Heat stress? Well that depends on the temp of your tank. It is best to keep the temp in between 14C and 20C. I don't think that heat stress though.

Because your axie's gills are pionted forward that suggests that it might be stressed.
Check your water flow and water quality.

Good luck!

I don't see anything wrong with that axolotl. The gills aren't THAT pointed foward (no more so than mine get once in a while).

But Kira is right about water flow and quality. These are important.

And you may want to think about reducing your substrate thickness. Is there a reason you have such a thick layer of sand?

That is a very nice looking Axolotl Robdut, like everyone's said "water flow and quality". Good luck with it.

I don't see anything wrong with that axolotl. The gills aren't THAT pointed foward (no more so than mine get once in a while).

But Kira is right about water flow and quality. These are important.

And you may want to think about reducing your substrate thickness. Is there a reason you have such a thick layer of sand?

No real reason for the thick layer of sand really, other than I was told to give about an inch or 2 from the guys at the aquarium, if you reckon I should reduce the amount I will happily do so.

Cost a bomb to get though, I guess thats probably why they said it (so they could grab every penny out of me:mad:)

cheers for all of the advice:D

I keep mine at about 1/2 inch or so. You don't really need more, and sometimes you can get waste and gas buildup within the sand layer. I suspect they were just milking you for money.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back