Salamander missing hands please help

trueherpnerd

Reaction score
Country
United States
One of my three lined salamanders is missing two of his feet/hands one on the front one on the back I have 4 other salamanders in that tank so I don't know if they could of done it but his wounds healed and he was doing good but now his wounds have reopened back up and its not looking good I trired to add more hyodrogen piroxide but i think I make worse what can I do to save my salamader I have already lost one due to any other wound and is there anything I could do make sure this dosnt happen again

I would separate the wounded salamander into its own tank. If their environments are clean and healthy and they are fed well, they should regrow limbs just fine. I would stop using the hydrogen peroxide and see how it heals on its own. Worked for one of my newts who lost one foot.

I don't think your other salamanders are helping.

Good luck.

I did try that with the salamander that died not useing the hydrogen peroxide But I'll I think I'll separate tank thanks for the advice

It's in the treatment of sores article and its worked in the past but I don't want him to hurt him self more

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back