Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Where to go to get Live bloodworms and blackworms in GA

Sith the turtle

Reaction score
My newts are eating frozen blood-worms, but where are pet/fish stores where I can pick some up locally, don't really like the shipping process, much rather prefer picking them up locally or semi/locally (1-2 hours) that I can get the live blood-worms and black-worms? Thanks for reading!

Neotenic_Jaymes

Reaction score
Best thing would be to search all near by pet stores and ask about black worms. Obviously not all pet stores carry black worms due to lack of demand and high maintenance. A good substitute would be white worms. You could culture those and have tons for very low cost.

michael

2010 Research Grant Donor
Reaction score
Check with local kilifish breeders. Killifish breeders usually know where to purchase live foods.

Toy

Reaction score
My newts are eating frozen blood-worms, but where are pet/fish stores where I can pick some up locally, don't really like the shipping process, much rather prefer picking them up locally or semi/locally (1-2 hours) that I can get the live blood-worms and black-worms? Thanks for reading!
I'm in georgia and have live blackworms. PM if still interested.

dayq

Reaction score
I'm in georgia and have live blackworms. PM if still interested.
This being a 4-yr-old thread, I'm taking a stab to ask if you still have blackworms? I'm not sure how to PM here yet. Thanks (if you see this! ;)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!