Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Ideas for a new BBC doc

jaster

Reaction score
Hey everyone! It's been a while since I was last here, but I could use some help. I was on reddit the other day and found a post with someone from the BBC looking into some new animal behaviors to record for an upcoming documentary series. I mentioned the generally huge A. maculatum migrations which take place across eastern North America and also the unisexual species and their kleptogenesis around the midwest. Now, they asked about some more details about where the best populations are. Obviously it should be kept confidential, but I personally am only experienced in my small mountain town and wanted to ask some more folks their opinions. As much as I want to point him towards my area, I'd be doing a disservice not trying to get the best sights for these well known nature documentary folks. I'll be trying to get a better contact for the BBC guy so it could be discussed more privately. I will also hope to get him in touch with some people from my old university to see whether they could help out too. Of course, if you have any other cool behaviors or unusual aspects of herp life that would translate on camera well, let it be known! This could be another opportunity to spread awareness of salamanders (and herps in general) importance in our ecosystems.

Thanks!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!