Summer course to look into "Conservation Biology of Amphibians" 5/28 - 6/9

I am starting University in Windsor this fall, I WISH they offered courses like that! I hope to go on in biology, become a biology teacher. It is too bad the course isn't offered online!

i have gotten the professors permission,my bosses permission and a promise of paid airfare from my mother (shes got bookoo frequent flier miles). there is also an option for an additional 80$ to get 4 full credits for the course through one of the 2 colleges sponsoring it (UNC Chapel Hill or Western Carolina University). is no one else interested? they rotate courses every other year, next year it will be the course on plethodontid salamanders ( http://www.wcu.edu/hbs/nextyrcourses.htm ),that one fills up fast i am told.

p.s. if you go to the page for 'next years courses' (link is above). and click on required reading there are a few interesting pdf files on it.
..Discovery of the first Asian plethodontid salamander.....The courtship of plethodontid salamanders...Life history evolution and adaptive radiation in hemidactyliine salamanders.....and many more!

If I wasn't already doing some (what I'll call) herp work this summer, and had the money, it would definitely be awesome.

Maybe next year...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back