What kind off offspring will i get with both parents being leucistic

joshfrogz72

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi guys wondering if anyone can tell me what kind of babies i will get from leucistic parent(spanish ribbed newts) thanks josh

All leucistic. It's a recessive trait so both parents have to be homozygotic for leucism in order to be phenotypically leucistic, which means that their offspring (barring some extremely unusual genetic phenomena) can only be leucistic, all of them.

one of the baby larvae looks clear is that normal from luecistic parents

Yes, leucistic babies will not loose the transparency until they are about to morph.

Attachments

• IMG_5318.jpg
    IMG_5318.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 322
  • IMG_6159.JPG
    IMG_6159.JPG
    311.1 KB · Views: 301
have you had your larvae loose limbs while growing up ? and if so do they grow back even if about to morph into newts ?

They will grow back at any age.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back