Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

My ribb tank

Reaction score
Hi I cleaned my big tank last week and it looks so good I just had to take a pic its a trigon 190L regards KB

Reaction score
sorry line out problems I will try again. IMG_2332.jpg

Fishumms

Reaction score
Wow, those guys look big. Is it a bow front tank or is it just how the picture makes it look? How do they like the large rocks? I've always kept mine with just black sand.

Reaction score
Hi yes these guys are big the biggest are about 12 inches . It is a bow front tank . But those are not rocks but bog wood if it gets dislodged its less likely to hurt some thing. The water is a bit cloudy in this pic but the filter a fluval 206 cleaned it up within 2 days . The plants are just cold water but you have to have large pebbles 3inch plus to stop the newts digging the roots out. They are very greedy and I have found that they grow well for a few years and then slow down but still continue so the big ones are around 10 years old I don't see them getting too much bigger who knows though. They breed frequently and are easy to raise . good luck with yours regards KB

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!