Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Tank too Hot. Advice?

GoldenAlbino

Reaction score
Happy summer to me I guess.

Earlier today, my air conditioning went out and is set to be fixed in the next coming days which caused my tank to jump to around 71-72 degrees (up from around 68.) I've been combatting this with frozen water bottles, but I keep having to jump out of bed to change them, and it's driving me crazy.

My tank is a 20gal long on the top floor of my house in my bedroom, and even with all fans on, it still isn't enough to keep the temperature down while the a/c is out.

I've considered moving my axolotl to a temporary 5gal tank downstairs where it would be cooler for him until the a/c can be repaired. Would this be ok to do? Any advice? Please help.

Locke

Reaction score
Is there anyone you can borrow a window unit from? Put it in the room with them and let er rip.

GoldenAlbino

Reaction score
Nah. We had one last year but it disappeared off the face of the earth. Ended up moving him to the basement where the air temp is a chill 66. Down from 85 up in my room

Locke

Reaction score
Yeah, losing ac is no joke. I live in tennessee and it gets deadly quick. For people. Let alone axies

KumquatSquats

Reaction score
i think thats the right call, cramped but comfy temp is better then roomy with heat stroke!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!