Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Odd Hyperlinks

Greatwtehunter

Reaction score
Does anyone else have the problem of random words in some threads becoming links to other search sites or one I noticed was for the University of Pheonix. In this thread the words addiction and learning are what I am refering to as the links. I also noticed this in a few profiles as well.

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
No, it's not our site doing it. That sounds like you've got a browser addon installed.

Ralf

Reaction score
AW: Odd Hyperlinks

Hi Justin. No hyperlinks for me in that thread.

SludgeMunkey

Reaction score
Sounds like AdWare of some sort to me. Like John said, most likely a browser add on, voluntary or otherwise. Hotbar is the most notorious, however there are many others. Many of them will let you uninstall the toolbar, but the adware remains as a BHO.

PM me if you you find this is the case, I have a nasty little program that is most effective at automatically removing all the malware from your system.

Abrahm

Reaction score
Yup, I agree with Johnny about the hyperlinks. They are some sort of malware. When you do a mouseover of the link does any additional info pop up? Intellitext is another popular services that does this.

If you're not using Firefox you could switch to that and if you are using Firefox you could install the adblock plugin.

Greatwtehunter

Reaction score
It's the one where I do a mouseover and a little box comes up. Fortunately it's on the work computer so it's their problem now.:p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!