Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Infraimmaculata struggling with worms

Brian M

Reaction score
There beautiful especially the one in the last frame I like the single set of spots down its back. Are they captive breed from a female of yours or are they recents additions to the family. I have one S.s. terrestris female who will be getting a mate fairly soon and can't wait to breed them.

Niels D

Reaction score
They're CB coming from Sergé, an experienced keeper. I've got them half a year now, and I'm feeding them worms, roaches, waxies, crickets and a lot of calcium. I'm going to keep them apart for another while, but they're going to get a container which is a bit bigger than te ones that they're in now.

naeff002

Reaction score
Very beautiful animals. I'm considering to take them myself

firesalamander1

Reaction score
Are these the animals permanent cages? I am thinking of possibly housing my fire sals the same way. Is it an efficient method of housing?

Rayliberty

Reaction score
Hé Niels, mine are still together on gravel in a 40x25x25 cm tank and going strong. I have them housed together from the first time I got them. Sometimes they even snatch eachothers legs or tails but they never get hurt. I mainly feed them earthworms and crickets powdered with lots of calsium of course.

Everything of food you bring in will be eaten, sometimes I think they become too obese. :D

Maybe we are able to see the sexes next summer, then we know if we have at least a couple for breeding attempts in the future.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1