Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

New Chat Trial

evut

Reaction score
It works on my computer, sits in the bottom...but I have no idea what the different parts mean and how it works - could someone explain please? (Without Facebook references please, I don't use it.)

wargar

Reaction score
It works on my computer, sits in the bottom...but I have no idea what the different parts mean and how it works - could someone explain please? (Without Facebook references please, I don't use it.)

Same here, I don't know if I'm in the mud or on a log.

Dave

Bellabelloo

Julia
Staff member
Reaction score
Sliding through mud/ Under the log are just the names of the rooms. The mud rooms seems to be the room where most seem to meet. If you click on the tab , you'll be in the room and able to chat. Each room has a number that should indicate the number of people there. However, if the 'x' button is not clicked when you leave...you appear to still be there. You can chat one-to-one by hovering over the persons name, this will give you the option to 'private chat' - no one else will be able to see the conversation.

Last edited:

AngieD

Reaction score
I find the new chat usable, but I personally preferred the old chat in a separate window and found it easier to understand

Bellabelloo

Julia
Staff member
Reaction score
There seems to be a few problems cropping up with the current chat room. Some find that the room puts each word on a new line. Also some get 'booted' off site. I haven't experienced these myself, but it has been brought up this evening.

Bambu

Reaction score
A chat helps inexperienced users with urodeles, good initiative!

jane1187

Reaction score
Any chance of an upgrade to the chat now that it's usefulness has been established? There are a set of regular folk who use it all the time (myself included) but the chat feature only holds about 25 people. So when people are on the site but not chatting they are taking up spaces in chat and people who want to chat (including newbies needing advice) cannot get onto chat because 'chat room is full'.

Also if the chat room is full and you refresh your page (which mine does occasionally because of the poor quality of my internet connection) or do some browsing you are removed from chat and the message 'full' appears again.

Any chance we could sort this out and get an upgrade to allow more people on chat?

xxianxx

Reaction score
The chat feature on this site is excellent, it allows people to socialize in real time and provides immediate advice to noobs with urgent questions. The forums are good but for instant emergency advice it is outstanding.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!