Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

My wonderful chimera <3

Kaini

Reaction score
A little late to the party, but wow he's (she's?) so pretty! <3 What a lovely baby. Chimeric animals are so fascinating, it's really cool to see a progression of pictures like this.

BramJ

Reaction score
He is still doing great :)

I will take some more pictures soon!

BramJ

Reaction score
'Halfy' and his buddy in action, poor girls... :p

Axolotls mating - YouTube

oh, and my whiny cats in the background, I was on my way to feed them when I saw the axolotls so busy :p

BramJ

Reaction score
Just a quick shot from this morning, show how Halfy's halves are not only diffirent in color but also shape :)

Halfje.jpg

mikeg

Reaction score

BramJ

Reaction score
Thanks Michael! I'll submit some photo's next time :)

The tank is 152 gallon and the bio-filter is another 50 gallon

allied123

Reaction score
omg that chimera is gorgeous. why do you say make his new owner happy? did Bram sell him..?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1