Plethodon Cinereus

J

joey

Hey i breed this kind and when they are old enough i let them go and im starting this thread so i get to know other redbacked breeders

I'm pretty sure that's illegal but I could be wrong?Maybe its re-releasing WC animals?But it's not really great to do because you could introduce diseases to native populations.

i didnt let any go yet i just got my first batch of eggs and one hatched so far so what do i do with them after they hatch should i sell them i thought it would help increase their population in the wild but i guess i was wrong thanksfor telling me that before i let them go.

I've also read of the dangers of exposing non-native diseases to native populations when releasing animals back into the wild. Too bad, as I was keen on releasing most of my H.tokyoensis larvae to the same location where their egg sac was found once they morph. There are a couple articles on this topic at:

http://www.anapsid.org/release.html
http://www.anapsid.org/neilsen.html

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back